Don’t make the mistake of skipping leg day!
Not only do leg exercises help you shape your physical appearance, but stronger legs also mean better support for your body so that you can keep moving.
So what’s the secret to strong, sculpted legs? Carrie Underwood’s long-time trainer, Eve Overland, recommends this mini-workout with fit52 exercises designed to boost your leg days.
Leg Sculpting Mini-Workout
Level: All Levels
This mini-workout set only takes around 5 minutes, so repeat it as many times as you’d like. We recommend 3-4 rounds, or you could use this as a bonus round after a fit52 workout.
Ready? Take a few minutes for warmup stretches, then let’s get started!
1. Squat to Reverse Lunge
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart, squat as low as possible. Drive through your heels to stand.
- Take a big step backward with one leg, landing with your heel elevated and hips square. Drop down into a lunge, bending both knees 90 degrees.
- Drive through the front foot and return to start position.
- Repeat for 13 reps. Right and left is one rep!
2. Bodyweight Good Mornings
- From a standing position, feet shoulder-width apart, put your hands behind your head, elbows extended out wide.
- With a slight bend in your knees, push your hips back and “take a bow.”
- Pause for a beat when your torso is parallel to the floor.
- Return to standing position.
- Repeat for 10 reps.
3. Forward Leaning Lunges
- Start in a lunge position, fists by your sides. Shift your weight to the front leg and lean slightly forward creating a diagonal line from the crown of your head to the heel.
- Drop your hips toward the floor, bending both knees by 90 degrees. Your torso should be leaning over your front quad and your back knee should be near the floor.
- Drive through your heel to straighten your legs.
- Perform 6 reps on one leg. Then repeat on the other side.
4. Donkey Kicks
- Start on all fours with your shoulders over your wrists and knees under your hips. Keep your hips square and core tight.
- Hover one knee off the ground and raise your leg up behind you to hip level, driving your heel toward the ceiling. Pretend you are making a footprint.
- Squeeze your glutes at the top. Do not arch your lower back. Slowly lower back down to start position.
- Perform 7 reps on one leg. Then repeat on the other side.
Commit to a healthier, happier life. Join the Commit to Fit path in the fit52 app.