The fit52 lifestyle is all about balance—doing your absolute best most of the time during every week, 52 weeks of the year. So as long as you practice moderation, there’s no shame in enjoying your favorite treats! Even former NHL player Mike Fisher loves to celebrate Sundays by treating his family to an ooey-gooey skillet cookie packed with chocolate chips.
When you’re in the mood to satisfy your sweet tooth, try making Mike’s signature skillet cookie. Top with vanilla ice cream for an irresistible dessert that your whole family will love. Trust us…you’re going to want to try this.
Prep Time: 20 mins
Total Time: 45 mins
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- A pinch of sea salt
- Preheat your oven to 350°. Brush melted butter to coat your cast iron skillet.
- In a large bowl, mix together the brown sugar, granulated sugar, butter, and salt.
- Stir in the egg and vanilla extract.
- In two portions, mix in the flour and baking soda until incorporated.
- Stir in most of the chocolate chips (save a handful to top the skillet cookie!).
- Scoop the batter into your cast iron skillet, and pat it down to create a thick, even layer.
- Sprinkle your leftover chocolate chips and a pinch of sea salt all over the top of the skillet cookie.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown. Let cool, then cut the cookie into slices or just stick a spoon right in!
If you’re looking for a healthier option, try substituting ingredients like coconut oil and almond flour.
Find your path to nutrition, wellness, and fitness with the fit52 life. Download fit52 now.