Everyone has that one signature dish—for Cara Clark, it’s a delicious power bowl packed with avocado, peppers, corn, and sunflower seeds.
You can find this recipe and more of Cara’s nutritious meals in Carrie Underwood’s book, FIND YOUR PATH.
Prep Time: 20 mins
Total Time: 20 mins
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1/2 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Dash of black pepper
- 1 cup spinach or spring mix
- Juice of 1/2 juicy lemon (1 to 2 tablespoons)
- 1/2 cup cooked brown rice
- 1/4 cup cooked fresh or frozen corn
- 1/4 avocado, diced
- 1 tablespoon raw sunflower seeds
To me, this bowl never gets old. It can satisfy any level of hunger. Sautéing the veggies makes them easily digestible—this can be helpful for people who have trouble digesting too many raw vegetables. Cooking also enhances the flavors and blends them together.
This meal is sure to hold you over for at least 4 hours and may even feel like you’re “cheating” the system, but trust me, you’re providing your body with the fuel you need to check off every item on your daily to-do list.
- In a small skillet, heat the avocado oil over medium heat. Add the bell pepper and onion and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes, until they are soft. Season with the salt and black pepper.
- Put the spinach in a serving bowl and top with the lemon juice. Add the rice and corn and toss until everything is mixed. Top with the warm peppers and onions, then the avocado and sunflower seeds. Serve immediately.
If you want something even more substantial with more protein, you could add some black beans, pinto beans, or baked tofu cubes.
For more of Cara’s recipes and nutrition tips, order your copy of FIND YOUR PATH now.
Find your path to nutrition, wellness, and fitness with the Fit52 Life. Download fit52 now.